nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Do I have a white flesh peach?

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Do I have a white flesh peach?
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 21:05:24 -0700

One place I worked for years ago had a bin of tags for an old blackberry variety they no longer grew. A store with the same name as the old blackberry ordered a large quantity of plants every year and told the nursery to stick the old name on the plants, which they (the store, not the nursery) offered as part of a special promotion every year.

A nursery had an apple tree that bloomed but never set fruit. They propagated a good quantity of trees from the nonbearing tree and whenever they ran out of a variety, the NB tree was substituted. Since it never produced fruit, the customer could never prove the tree wasn't what they ordered.

Sometimes it's the nursery, sometimes it's the retailer.

-Lon Rombough
For all other things grape, http://www.vitisearch.com
A video about The Grape Grower : http://cookingupastory.com/index.php/2008/04/18/the-grape-grower/