nafex - [NAFEX] Ware on Skunks

  • From: "Jim Fruth" <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: "NAFEX" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Ware on Skunks
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 08:42:35 -0500

Thanks to the person who said that skunks will scratch on a bee hive and eat the bees as they come out to check on who/what is scratching.
I have been looking at that hive for weeks wondering why so few bees go in and out as compared to the other hives that are virtual beehives (pun by default) of activity. After reading your note, I noticed numerous tiny paint chips (scratchings) on the landing board AND a beaten path to and from the hive area. I now have a woven wire fence around the hives. °

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN 56472
For jams, jellies & syrups:
www.bberryfarm.com
(877)265-6856 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

  • [NAFEX] Ware on Skunks, Jim Fruth, 07/02/2008