nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Apple Scab

  • From: "Mark Dorogi" <mddorogi@comcast.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Apple Scab
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 22:22:54 -0400

Doreen, you can spray sulfur for scab and it is allowed for organic growers.  You can get good scab control, but you may have to spray more often (depending on the weather) and you have to keep your eye on the rain forecast; you want the sulfur to be in place before it rains.

Michael Phillips’ book covers the use of sulfur in great detail.

Mark