nafex - [NAFEX] Surround efficacy

  • From: "Alan Haigh" <alandhaigh@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Surround efficacy
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 18:17:51 -0400

I'm surprised Lee's evaluation of Surround didn't stir much response.  I've heard a lot of positives about Surround from people who should know what they're talking about and started using it for a couple of clients 3 years ago.  Seems to work reasonably well although I didn't use a control for clear evaluation.

Cornell says in their Pest Managment Guidelines for Commercial Tree Fruit Production, "In research trials in apples, It has shown some preventive efficacy against plum curculio, internal Lepeidoptera such as codling moth and oriental fruit moth, leafrollers, phytophagous mites, leafhoppers, and apple maggot.  In pears, it can additionally suppress pear psylla and in stone fruits it reduces feeding damage from Japanses beetle. "Some preventive efficacy" leaves a lot of room for interpretation, of course.  I'm curious what other members have experienced with this compound.