nafex - [NAFEX] Spring is gone

  • From: <jfruth@tds.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Spring is gone
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 7:52:09 -0500

In a normal year I have to sell (or dump) my black raspberry plants by
Mid-April because the root cellar gets too warm and all of the plants grow
together and are impossible to separate. I dig them up in October - November
and store them in 5-gallon pails, about 50 per pail. The people who don't
want to plant anything until May are getting their wish this year because the
temperature in the root cellar is only 38 degrees F yet. Even so, the plants
are growing - - - at only 38 degrees. No that's hardy!
My orders to Alaska and extreme Northern Minnesota will go out Monday.
I'm even selling a few boysenberry plants this year.

Jim Fruth