nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Coffee grounds bad for mycorrhizal fungi?

  • From: Diane Whitehead <voltaire@islandnet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Coffee grounds bad for mycorrhizal fungi?
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 16:46:58 -0700

The Starbucks coffee grounds I spread everywhere don't stop mould from growing on the filters and giant teabags when I don't get around to removing them for a while. Also, I read of someone who stopped spreading her coffee grounds because they went mouldy and didn't look nice. So I wouldn't think the caffeine would act as any kind of sterilizing agent.

Diane Whitehead
Victoria B.C. Canada