nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Planting Peach Pits

  • From: Diane Whitehead <voltaire@islandnet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Planting Peach Pits
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 09:20:31 -0800

It's easier to let the squirrels plant the nuts, though they won't put them in neat rows. I have walnuts and filberts coming up all over the yard and also in small pots, all planted by absent-minded squirrels.

You could just leave a pile of nuts in one corner of the field, and let them go to it.

More on topic: I bottle a lot of apricots and peaches each year and dump the pits in the vegetable garden. I get germination from peaches, though not a high % considering the number of seeds. I don't get any apricots.

Diane Whitehead
Victoria, B.C., Canada