nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Asian Pear ultra low brix

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@speakeasy.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Asian Pear ultra low brix
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 16:23:58 -0700

On Sep 6, 2007, at 1:53 PM, Doug Woodard wrote:

During the growing season if a cut is made into infected wood, the
fireblight will be transmitted on the pruning tool.

Yeah, I told him that. I also provided a printout of a web article on fireblight. Unfortunately, English is not his first language so I don't know how much he really understood. And he hires the weed whacker kind of gardener so...though most of the fireblight was pruned off, not all of it was.

However, I"m still trolling for suggestions on how to make these Asian pears more palatable...

Thanks,

Spidra Webster

Berkeley, CA Zone 9b