nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Advice re spindly apple cultivar

  • From: Michael Nave <jmichaelnave@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Advice re spindly apple cultivar
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 18:38:39 -0700 (PDT)

In retrospect you might have cut most of the fruit
off. Any tree that bears heavily at an early age,
apple or otherwise, should have most of the fruit
removed until the tree is strong enough to support it.
This problem can occur with almost any type of fruit
or nut tree that bears heavily when young.