nafex - Re: [NAFEX] price of food

  • From: "Naomi" <dragon-star@cableone.net>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] price of food
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:00:59 -0600

A month (sorry)

-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Naomi
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 10:59 AM
To: 'North American Fruit Explorers'

We have our own animals, goats, chickens and beefalo. So we do have milk,
meat and eggs, but we have a feed bill also. We grow our own hay at about
$60 a ton.

We have a big garden. I picked the first ripe tomato today.

We put stuff up but that involves vinegar, sugar and salt. I did make some
delicious fruit vinegar last year (on purpose) but that is for salads and
sushi.. not pickling.

We probably buy about $300 in food including dog (4 big one 1 little) in a
month. The prices on produce just about give me "sticker shock." We use
Grocery Outlet a good bit.
Naomi
Idaho Zone 6 100 dry degrees.. we irrigate.

sites.
permission!

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions.