nafex - Re: [NAFEX] price of food

  • From: "Mark & Helen Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] price of food
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:45:19 -0500

We'll, maybe $300 is a bit cheap. We have started buying more fresh fruit
and vegetables in the last year or so, so maybe it's a little more. Our
kids are still fairly young and we are frugal too, so that helps. We also
shop mostly at a cash only store which saves a bit more.

I'm a bit more cynical lately than normal. The 12" of rain we got in 4 days
ruined most our garden. I didn't think tomato plants could drown but they
can, looks like less than half left. Beans dead. Peas? Much of it reminds
me of the April freeze. But if you look at the whole situation, our
problems are not worth mentioning. A lot of folks don't really even have a
house to come back to.

Mark
Kansas