nafex - Re: [NAFEX] pH question

  • From: "Richard O'Barr" <topgun@otelco.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] pH question
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 20:24:04 -0500

For the chicken manure you need to know whether it is from a broiler house or from a laying house. The latter has a lot of I think it is oyster shell in it and would drive the Ph up higher.
I assume you are interested in organics mainly, but if not, ammonium sulphate is quite acidic, more so than ammonium nitrate I believe.
Other Nafexers will give you more on this.
Topgun