nafex - [NAFEX] Honeycrisp

  • From: "Richard MURPHY" <murphman108@msn.com>
  • To: "nafex" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Honeycrisp
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 11:56:52 -0500

Hello Doreen, Spidra, Bob, and everyone.

Thanks for the callback. I will try a couple Pixies, in spite of the zone 5 rating they usually get; sometimes this is conservative....it happens

Honeycrisp also stopped me in my tracks at the store, Spidra. Beautiful ! I agree 100%. Who knows where they were from?
They were shockers. Then, on a couple of occasions, I've seen a couple of bins of what I thought were big ugly-duckling Mac culls, that turned out to be Honeycrisps. Really strange. It may have to do with trace minerals in the soil, or something like that according to a Cornell paper I was reading. I will be watching the growers in my area to learn more about this. It might turn out to be an easy fix. They are one of the nicest tasting / pleasing to eat apples I've ever had, and there is a bag of them in my fridge....even at the higher price.

RM