nafex - [NAFEX] Plum vs plum (Fellenberg vs. Early Italian)

  • From: "Rodney" <reveland@collinscom.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Plum vs plum (Fellenberg vs. Early Italian)
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 14:59:36 -0600

I used to think growing plums would be easy, but when it comes to pollenation and fruit drop, plums look like one if the more difficult fruits to grow. My Pembinas had a great bloom this year, about three weeks before the wild variety of American plums, so no fruit. I am thinking of going completely with European plums as they seem to "hang together" better than the Japanese/American varieties.

Do European plums all pollinate each other?

Rodney in Zone 4