nafex - Re: [NAFEX] St.Pierre's Sask seed germination

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] St.Pierre's Sask seed germination
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 23:16:39 -0400

True, but while words are copyrightable, knowledge is not.  Quoting a major chunk of the book would be inappropriate.  Giving directions for germination in your own words, from information learned from the book, is legal and proper.  (although the source should be cited)  It certainly wouldn't  hurt to run it by the author if you feel uncomfortable about it, though.

Ginda

p.s.  knowledge can be patented, or can be protected by various contractual agreements.  Those don't apply in this case.