nafex - Re: [NAFEX] St.Pierre's Sask seed germination

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] St.Pierre's Sask seed germination
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 16:37:56 -0700

You are allowed to quote a portion of a book if you are promoting or reviewing it.  Your term “awesome” sounds pretty promotional.

But if advice on Amelanchier germination might be a major reason for someone to buy the book, and that becomes available online, that would, IMHO, exceed fair use, even if the information is brief, and accompanied by a recommendation for purchase.  He might well not mind, but this is an area where permission should probably be received first.

Stephen