nafex - [NAFEX] June Drop?

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] June Drop?
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 17:35:24 -0400

I just noticed that 2 of the four apples I bagged (don't laugh, that's the biggest crop I've ever had) fell off the tree. We've had a lot of rain and some wind, and I wonder if the mechanical "sail" of the baggies might have pulled the apples down. The bags had almost no water in them, so I don't think that was a problem.

It's possible it was just the tree dropping damaged fruit, since I was too late at bagging and every fruit showed signs of significant insect damage when I bagged them.

What do you guys think?

Ginda
eastern Mass., zone 6

  • [NAFEX] June Drop?, list, 06/25/2006