nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Amish Orcharding

  • From: bruce <rural@threeriverwb.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Amish Orcharding
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 10:22:54 -0500

Farmers in my state (Nebraska) have the same clueless attitude towards chemicals. Years ago a crop duster sprayed the wrong field by mistake, when a farm wife was in it. She and her husband joked that they got "free" coverage on their field. Next year she was dead of cancer. I've also seen farmers in their pickups out in fields while the spray plane flew right over them, spraying.