nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Asian Pear Variety Question

  • From: "Lee Sharp" <leesharp@cableone.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Asian Pear Variety Question
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 13:56:57 -0500

Shinseiki,New Century, has pale green new leaves and the mature fruit has a slight rusty peel color. Nijiseiki,20th Century, has new leaves with a little pale red color in them and the mature fruit is more golden yellow that fruit of Shinseiki. Both need thinning of fruit to get good size fruit.
Lee
S. Ms.
Zone 8b