nafex - [NAFEX] Asian Pear Variety Question

  • From: mauch1@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Asian Pear Variety Question
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 13:55:08 -0400

Does anyone have both Shinseiki and Nijiseiki asian pears?  (In English one is New Century
and the other 20th Century, but I don't remember which is which).  I have both
grafted onto one tree, but have lost track of which is which.  One I have noticed
has a slight reddishness to its new growth while the other does not.  If anyone
has these, could they look at their trees and let me know which is which?  I don't think
trying to identify the fruit itself will be very useful as I believe the fruits are very similar.

Thanks,

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6
40° 5' N 75° 51'W