nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Asian Pear Variety Question

  • From: "Jim Cooper" <JCooper@lewiston.k12.id.us>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Asian Pear Variety Question
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 11:27:29 -0700

I have the Shinseiki and the new growth is yellow green.
Jim
N. Idaho

>>> mauch1@aol.com 5/2/2006 10:55 AM >>>
Does anyone have both Shinseiki and Nijiseiki asian pears? (In English one
is New Century
and the other 20th Century, but I don't remember which is which). I have
both
grafted onto one tree, but have lost track of which is which. One I have
noticed
has a slight reddishness to its new growth while the other does not. If
anyone
has these, could they look at their trees and let me know which is which? I
don't think
trying to identify the fruit itself will be very useful as I believe the
fruits are very similar.

Thanks,

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6