nafex - [NAFEX] Ticks (was: ATNN:Fruit persons of Maine)

  • From: mauch1@aol.com
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Ticks (was: ATNN:Fruit persons of Maine)
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:58:26 -0400

Hey, it isn't only Maine that's having a tick problem this year.

We in PA (at least SE PA) have always had ticks,  but it's like a plague this year.

In all my life, you usually only find one tick on you, and only occasionally, and later in the
year than this.  Every night, we're doing a 'tick check' on each other and the
children.  Every night we've found at least one tick, and on one night one boy
had 3 and on another night one had 2.  None had gotten embedded yet.

I'm guessing its from the mild winter, but I used to live in VA when I was small,
and even there I don't remember anything like this.

Chris Mauchline
SE PA, zone 6
40° 5' N 75° 51'W
~650 ft elevation