nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Borers (in Elm) & ID?

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Borers (in Elm) & ID?
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 12:26:13 -0500

Hi,

Doesn't appear to be Asian Longhorned beetle, more good news.

Tom

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 09:51:16 -0500, Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu> wrote:

I received some large logs of what I believe is Elm over the winter.
Yesterday while walking the yard, I found them teeming with what I
believe to be adult borers of some kind, but I've been unable to
positiviely identify them. They're black with yellow markings, and
range in size from about 1/4" to maybe 3/4" long. Here's a photo of
one:
Don't appear to be Emerald Ash Borer - that's the good news.
http://www.buckeyegardening.com/emeraldashborer.html

**YOU MUST BE SUBSCRIBED TO POST!**
No exceptions.
----