nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Borers (in Elm) & ID?

  • From: Lucky Pittman <lucky.pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: Peter Chrisbacher <pxbacher.ls@comcast.net>, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Borers (in Elm) & ID?
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:51:16 -0600

I received some large logs of what I believe is Elm over the winter.
Yesterday while walking the yard, I found them teeming with what I
believe to be adult borers of some kind, but I've been unable to
positiviely identify them. They're black with yellow markings, and
range in size from about 1/4" to maybe 3/4" long. Here's a photo of
one:
Don't appear to be Emerald Ash Borer - that's the good news.
http://www.buckeyegardening.com/emeraldashborer.html