nafex - [NAFEX] kiwi pruning

  • From: "Dylan Ford" <dford@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] kiwi pruning
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 20:18:57 -0500

Kiwi fanciers - I have several (what supposedly are) kiwi vines (purchased
sight-unseen for a pittance long ago from some fly-by-night company). They
spent several years languishing in pots while I was laid-up, and have been
planted on an arbor now for four or five years, without a single one ever
producing a single flower. I am about to have at them, and I sort of recall
someone on NAFEX saying they should be pruned like grapevines. Can anyone
elaborate on this for me? Thanks, dylan

Dylan Ford is the author of the proposal at www.ideaforpresident.com , a
website devoted to an idea that could provide an avenue to address pollution
issues, food safety, social justice, prison reform and healthcare.