nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Partridgeberry

  • From: kim maser <kimk_maser@yahoo.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Partridgeberry
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:35:39 -0500 (EST)

Partridgeberry is also used to make wine by 2 or 3 wineries in Newfoundland.
They actually quite tasty.

Jim Fruth <jfruth@uslink.net> wrote:
I read an article that some Canadians are investigating Partridgeberry,
Lowbush Blueberry, Cranberry and Bakeapple with the intention of developinf
new, superior cultivars (Study No. 300-2129-9901).
I didn't know that Partridgeberries were edible. Do any of you eat them?
How are they eaten (raw, cooked, etc.)? What are they like? What does it
take to grow them?
--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm