nafex - [NAFEX] fruit bagging

  • From: fuwa fuwa usagi <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] fruit bagging
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 09:18:41 -0700 (PDT)

What I fail to understand with the ziplock bag approach is how you prevent the tightly sealed ziplock bag, when applied young so to avoid spraying, from cutting into the stem of the apple as is grows.   My observation is a tight seal bites into the stem to such an extent the apples become vulnerable to falling from the tree in a storm, further agitated by the natural "sail" effect of the bag itself.  And it is clear that the insects simply crawled down the stem due to the slight gap I left on my apples, which was left as a direct observation of the loss I incurred the previous season due to stem retardation..

Very puzzled...

the fluffy bunny

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====