nafex - [NAFEX] more on June berries

  • From: growyourown@earthlink.net
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] more on June berries
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 21:50:56 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

-----Original Message-----
This was the first year I had plenty of Amelanchier fruit to play with.
The first thing I made was a straight pie.
The Amaretto flavor that they impart after baking is truly incredible. Almost
to much straight. Now I mix the lighty with other berries. Nobody who I have
ever fixed these pies or coblers can ever guess the flavoring agent. I really
like good amelanchier raw but they truly shine when cooked.

Mark

  • [NAFEX] more on June berries, growyourown, 07/26/2005