nafex - [NAFEX] Evans Cherry Questions Anyone?

  • From: Bernie Nikolai <BNikolai@shaw.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Evans Cherry Questions Anyone?
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:37:58 -0800

This weekend I'll be dropping by my friend's place, Dr. Ieuan Evans, of
the Evans cherry fame, and collecting some scionwood of various trees. By
way of interest, Ieuan is now 62, and no longer works for Alberta
Agriculture. He's an independant consultant for the last 2 years, and says
he is making "twice the money and having three times the fun" over working
for the government.:) He got his doctorate from the University of Florida
in plant pathology. He is in great health, other than sore knees from many
years of being a star rugby player, both in his native Wales as a youth, and
here in Alberta playing for many years until recently in a local rugby
league.
Anyway, there has been a number of recent posts on the Evans cherry, and
if anyone has questions about the Evans cherry, and wants to hear it (or
perhaps more accurately hear me relay it) straight from the horse's mouth,
let me know, and I'll answer any questions in a post here early next week.
Bernie Nikolai
Edmonton, Alberta