nafex - [NAFEX] Re: GM apple trees

  • From: Philip Stewart <philstewart24@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: GM apple trees
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:52:07 -0800 (PST)

>Unless the geneticaly modified test trees are being
grown in a
>bubble, their GM pollen is being shared in the wild.

Actually, last I knew, they were being grown in a
bubble of sorts. It's been a few years, but when I
worked at Cornell I helped set up giant fine-mesh
tents over the GM apples to prevent insect movement of
pollen. The tents stayed up all through the flowering
period.

I wasn't actually involved with this particular
project...I was just an extra set of hands to help
with some really big tents.