nafex - Re: [NAFEX] text of bpi_news/ & t.s.a. in jointvetch

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] text of bpi_news/ & t.s.a. in jointvetch
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:55:58 -0800 (PST)

Anyone who has planted jointvetch recently, please be sure to catch the
article
below!

And in the article about EPA reviewing the toxics contents of micro-nutrient
fertilizers (not repeated here), does anyone know if this review is for the
active
ingredients only, or including the bulker/carrier materials?

--- Chad Knepp wrote:

> pdftotext of
> <http://www.mdac.state.ms.us/n_library/departments/bpi/pdf/bpi_news_09_2003.pdf>:
>
> VOLUME 3 NUMBER 1 - LESTER SPELL, JR., D.V.M., COMMISSIONER - MIKE
> TAGERT, DIRECTOR - SEPTEMBER 2003
>
> Hunter help sought in tracking TSA sites, By Patti Drapala.
> ---------Mississippi hunters who purchased jointvetch seed from a
> Florida manufacturer for turkey, quail or deer food plots may need to
> keep a watchful eye on the plants that emerge. Individual shipments of
> jointvetch seed manufactured in March and April of 2003 by Wise Seed
> Company of Frostproof, Fla., and distributed by Pennington Seed
> Company of Madison, Ga., have been found to be infested with tropical
> soda apple (TSA). TSA is a noxious weed that can rapidly overtake
> wildlife habitats, pastures and turf. "The preservation of our
> wildlife habitat is important to the state's economy and recreational
> industry," said Mississippi Agriculture Commissioner Lester Spell. "We
> must do what we can to prevent TSA from spreading and establishing in
> new areas." continued on back page
>
> Mississippi Agriculture Commissioner Lester Spell wants to protect
> wildlife habitat from noxious weeds. Immature berries of tropical soda
> apple are shown in a photo (right) by Charles Bryson, USDA-ARS.

Hunter help on TSA finds continued from front page: Hunters who bought