nafex - [NAFEX] Re:Distribution Map for Pomona

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re:Distribution Map for Pomona
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:45:32 -0500

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 11:59:57 -0500, <list@ginda.us> wrote:

Actually, I bought a roster, but as I searched through it for nearby members, it occurred to me that a map would be nice. I don't know how much work it would be to produce, though.

Ginda

Hi Ginda,

Any company that has a sales force has mapping distribution software. It usually pulls information from a spreadsheet or database. I am sure our NAFEX roster is in that format somewhere.

All you really need is a map, a complete count of how many members there are in each state/province and then pencil the number onto the map. It could be that basic.

Free mapping software can be found here;
http://www.smartdraw.com/specials/geography.asp?id=12196

Such a distribution map may be useful to the NAFEX board for developing new membership strategies.

Later,
Tom