nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Maine Blackberries

  • From: "Volkening, Tom" <volkenin@mail.lib.msu.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Maine Blackberries
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:24:10 -0400

There must be something about the Maine blackberries from John Bunker. The
ones I got from him were eaten back to the ground by some critters in the
winter of 02/03 but shoots came back from the roots in most cases. They did
not bloom though. This last winter some of them were eaten back to the
ground again while some others were eaten back to about 10 inches tall. I
have the same question as Del about what actually grew back.

Tom Volkening -zone 5 near Lansing,MI