nafex - Re: [NAFEX] RE: Ultimate Cooking Apple

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] RE: Ultimate Cooking Apple
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 21:27:45 -0800

Title: Re: [NAFEX] RE: Ultimate Cooking Apple
Bring some to the Home Orchard Society scion exchange.  That's this Saturday, March 6, at the Clackamas country fairgrounds in Canby, Oregon.  See http://www.homeorchardsociety.org
-Lon Rombough

I've got an apple that I like for cooking, which was in the way of a pond I
was building near Buena Vista. We cabled it to an oak and winched it out of
the way. The apples are big, green and lumpy, and hold texture well, tart
with lots of complexity to the flavor. I got scion wood and have some
grafted; don't know if the original tree still exists. (seedling?) Anyway,
I'll find out if it bears well. Made the best crisp I ever have with it.