nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grafting Knife

  • From: "philip sauber" <mrtejas@lycos.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grafting Knife
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:24:12 -0600

If you want a Tina grafting knife($45-62.50) I'd recommend Womacks of DeLeon,
TX 254-893-6497. They also have a Victorinox folding grafting knife for $10.
I have used the Victorinox but don't think it is practical for budding, only
cleft and whip/tongue as the blade is not very thin. I use a stationary
grafting knife with a thin blade I bought for $12 to good effect with
budding. I am highly entertained by all the discussions about what kind of
knife you can use in place of a grafting knife for grafting when the genuine
article is only $10 and what is a good substitute for grafting tape when it
is only $1.50 for 300 feet from Womacks!