nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grafting Knife

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grafting Knife
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:38:17 -0500

Hi,

There are all types of razor type knifes. Box knifes are just promotional
knives supplied to stores (or they
were) to open boxes.

What I think of as a box knife is called a box cutter. I may be wrong in the
reference. Here is an image of a
box cutter;

http://www.promoheadquarters.com/box%20cutters.jpg

Box knives do not have fancy handles, and if you want more leverage, or grip,
you should move to a knife that
gives that.

I would not use a box knife to graft unless I could not find better.

This is a carpet knife;

http://blog.thedevins.com/images/carpet-knife.jpg

Boy, could I cut myself really good using that knife for grafting. I bet I
could hit bone, or take a node off
my liver with it. (smile)

Later,
Tom