nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Neem Oil

  • From: "Kristina & Bruce" <herenorthere@lycos.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Neem Oil
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:06:28 -0500

I use Neem Oil a 1-2 times per year on everything, including grapes and
Ribes. I also use micronized sulfur, lime sulfur, copper, and Serenade, so I
can't single out the Neem Oil as being effective. But I don't see much in
the way of disease problems and, as you've seen, there are plenty of reports
Neem Oil is effective. One thing I know it's effective on is thrips on
orchids. Several plants had an infestation a few years ago and four weekly
sprays of Neem Oil eliminated them.
Bruce Wittchen
1/2 mile outside Hartford, CT