nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Neem Oil

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Neem Oil
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 06:03:15 -0800

Title: Re: [NAFEX] Neem Oil
Neem oil is one of several non-toxic pesticides covered in The Grape Grower.  Neem works against a surprising number of pests, both insects and diseses.  A diligent grower doesn't have to use any sort of harmful chemicals, though it can take work.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, writing, consulting, my book, The Grape Grower, at http://www.bunchgrapes.com
Winner of the Garden Writers Association "Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003

Hello all,

I did a quick search of the Archives and found some
comments on Neem Oil being quite effective.  I am
wondering if anyone has any experience with this for
fungal control on Ribes and Grapes as well.  I'd much
prefer to use something like this opposed to some of
the other pesticides if it isn't necessary.

Regards,
Todd Ravitch
NE Oklahoma UDSA Zone 6