nafex - Re: [NAFEX] preserving apple juice

  • From: mIEKAL aND <dtv@mwt.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] preserving apple juice
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 07:09:19 -0600

On Thursday, November 20, 2003, at 07:03 AM, Tom Olenio wrote:

Hello,

We freeze freshly pressed cider every year. We empty 2 liter pop bottles, clean them, and the day
of the pressing just use a funnel to fill them. We then rinse the outside and freeze.

Make sure you leave a good amount of head room, otherwise the containers will leak/rupture when they freeze. We froze about 70 gallons this year. If only it would last for a year..

mIEKAL