nafex - Re: [NAFEX] preserving apple juice

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] preserving apple juice
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:03:31 -0500

Hello,

We freeze freshly pressed cider every year. We empty 2 liter pop bottles,
clean them, and the day
of the pressing just use a funnel to fill them. We then rinse the outside
and freeze.

There is minor separation, but a simple shake takes care of that.

I just gave my last frozen cider from last year, to the Girl Scouts for a
camp out, and they loved
it (heated with a cinnamon stick).

Later,
Tom