nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Lime Sulfur Fungicide

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Lime Sulfur Fungicide
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:09:32 -0500

Hello,

You have four choices;

  • spray as directed on bottle for vegatative growth
  • wait for dormancy and spray at that rate
  • wait for spring and spray before leaves emerge
  • spray when dormant this fall and in the spring
I do not believe you can spray sulfur on grape LEAVES, as they are sensitive to it.  Most bottles will give you all the precautions.

Later,
Tom

Todd Ravitch wrote:

I am going to pick up some lime sulfur (I can't make
it at home) to spray my peach tree and two grape vines
(I suspect some Anthracnose on these) this weekend.
Though, all still have some leaves.  Should this be a
concern???  I also figured I might as well spray all
my trees and plants down.  But again, most still have
there leaves.  I also currently have a plum (just
dormant), 2 apple, a pear, 3 cherry, 3 blueberry, 2
blackberry, 2 raspberry, and 7 ribes (dormant and very
recently planted).  Can anyone offer any guidance???

Regards,
Todd Ravitch
NE Oklahoma USDA Zone 6