nafex - Re: [NAFEX] quince rootstock

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch@vsnl.com>
  • To: Bill Russell <shaman@pennswoods.net>, North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] quince rootstock
  • Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 19:54:56 +0530

Well loquat is not a temperate fruit. The tree can grow and even flower at
places which are suitab;le for pecahes/plums. But the fruits do not ripen
properly and also remain sour at such places. In North West India, loquats
are widely grown in Saharanpur area of the State of Uttar Pradesh. This
area is otherwise very famous for mangoes.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
186/3 Jail Road
Mandi HP 175 001, INDIA.
Ph. 01905-222810 Fax: 01905-225419