nafex - [NAFEX] RE: Cherries

  • From: rmelrose@bluemoo.net
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] RE: Cherries
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 13:49:00 -0400 (EDT)

Well Dave, that is interesting for at least a couple of reasons. Your
figures seem to indicate that things often get worse as the year progresses
-- which is consistent with what I see here. My moderately damaged sweet
cherries are hanging on, but not rebounding. The mildly damaged trees seem
to have recovered almost completely. I take it that your sour cherries were
unfazed by the winter?

The fact that you are growing these sweet cherries in 4a is rather
reassuring to me, makes me feel a little less Don Quixotian. How far along
are they? Do you know what rootstocks they are on?

Richard