nafex - RE: [NAFEX] looking for source of Pinus maximartinezii

  • From: "Mark Lee" <markl@nytec.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] looking for source of Pinus maximartinezii
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:45:29 -0700

Thanks for thip Mike. Forest Farm doesn't list this pine in their on-line
catalog. They do have some in their inventory that they will ship on
request. It is a zone 9 tree. The ones they left out last winter died, so
it is not suitable for Seattle where I live. I wonder how this tree would
do in a pot? For anyone interested in growing pine trees for there nuts
should check out the page entitled "Edible Pine Nuts for Nothern Climates"
at this link
http://www.nuttrees.com/history.htm
-Mark