nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Autumn olive ripeness

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Autumn olive ripeness
  • Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 16:35:08 +0000

Here in southern Wisconsin, Autumn Olive is one of those imported shrub species which is helping to turn our few native prairie remnants into solid stands of shrubs. Along with the Tatarican Honeysuckle (Lonicera t.) & 2 imported species of Buckthorn (Rhamnus).

Is there a species of Eleagnus native to s. WI which we can try, which also might have a few selections with decent fruit, but would be a better ecological match for native plant communities ?

Tanis Cuff
Rio, WI