nafex - RE: [NAFEX] RE: Lindane

  • From: "Bruce Hansen" <brucehansen@ACD.NET>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] RE: Lindane
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 16:09:31 -0400

Tom:

Couldn't agree with you more.

Bruce

-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-admin@lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-admin@lists.ibiblio.org]On Behalf Of Thomas Olenio
Sent: Friday, July 26, 2002 9:11 AM
To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [NAFEX] RE: Lindane

Hello,

In regards to organic versus pesticide use, I can only compare my sister
in-law's orchard to my father in-law's.

She follows all the prescribed organic practices religiously, while he uses
a relaxed spray program only.

When her meager crop of apples is exhausted, she eats her Dad's.

Two orchards of the same size, one organic barely feeds a family
(preserving/fresh), while the one with the relaxed spray program feeds 4.5
families (preserving/fresh/cider).

My opinion... Properly applied pesticides are no risk. Keeping in mind
that organic "tobacco spray" and "rhubarb sprays" can be lethal. There is
a good balance that can be achieved between the two approaches.

Later,
Tom

--
Southwest Ontario