nafex - Re: [NAFEX] hardy almond

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] hardy almond
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:50:36 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

Maybe it is too happy and needs inspiration to nut.

The only reason for nuts is propagation, injury to the tree inspires
propagation (tree thinks it may die).

Take a leather, wooden or rubber mallet and give it a good solid whack at
the the base of the trunk (in the spring). You want to bruise the tree,
but not break the surface of the bark.

The injury will release hormones that will make the tree fruit more.

The injury is enough to inspire the tree, but do no permanent harm to it.

Later,
Tom

--
Southwest Ontario