nafex - [nafex] drought

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] drought
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 21:14:19 -0500

I was planning on putting in several shrubs this spring (including a
couple of currants, so this isn't entirely off-topic) but we've had an
unusually warm and dry winter, and I'm worried we'll have a drought this
summer. I can probably water anyway (my town rarely has tight water
restrictions - every-other day is about as bad as I've seen it) but I
wonder if I ought to just wait a year.

In some ways, how much it rains during the spring and summer may be more
important to success than how wet the winter was, but if it's generally
dry, maybe more water would be needed. And then, even if we don't hve
real watering restrictions, I don't want to be wasteful in a dry year.

Any thoughts?

Ginda FIsher
eastern Mass, zone 6

Buy Stock for $4.