nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: A Note of Concern About this Forum

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: A Note of Concern About this Forum
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 11:59:09 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, crmauch wrote:

> Well Don, this is one place I disagree with you (or my practices have
> widely diverged). I've often used this forum to search for a prior
> message. Usually it's a case of (I remember reading something
> about...) and looking it up in the archives.

Hi,

The only real difference between Pomona and this group is that Pomona is
printed on paper, and this forum is stored on disk.

The disk storage is a lot more versitle, as it can be searched quickly
(try and do that with 100 issues of Pomona). This group also has a lot
more camaradery, and is interactive (you can ask a questin, and get
answers in minutes instead of seasons).

In my opinion Pomona and this group are the same thing, each having it's
attributes. To say the archives of this list are not impotant is to also
state that the archives of Pomona are not important.

Let's face it... This egroup is a lot more like the round robin box of
letters that started NAFEX than Pomona, and a lot more efficient in time
and cost of distribution.

NAFEX has grown and changed with time. It will continue to grow and
change. And like all things that don't change or grow, they will die.

I look forward to the expansion of the NAFEX online resources, as leaving
them to stagnate is a good way for them to become worthless.

Later,
Tom

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM