nafex - [nafex] A Note of Concern About this Forum

  • From: Don Yellman <dyellman@earthlink.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] A Note of Concern About this Forum
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 20:37:09 -0500

1. Sorry to have to change that word consern, but repeated misspelling
of a common word eventually pushes me over the edge. I think this well
illustrates that building a decent website involves more than just
technical skills. Our NAFEX website, while perhaps a bit stodgy for
some, and lacking in sound and moving figures, seems to cover the need
pretty well to me. I know this is not an English-language group, but I
think the fact that our website is well-edited, with all the words
spelled correctly, lends it a certain dignity that is seldom found
elsewhere on the worldwide web. Three cheers for our webmaster, who, as
he has noted, works for free and consumes little of NAFEX's very scarce
financial resources..

2. As for the message board, I see it as a means to obtain timely
advice and information, and to keep up with the fruit growing problems
others are having. I don't think it should be regarded as a permanent
record, but I am free to retain or even print out messages that
particularly interest me. I cannot imagine searching the message board
archives for a particular bit of information from messages one or two
years old. There are so many ways of finding particular bits of
information, including posting a new message on the board. While Yahoo
has come in for some criticizm, I have never had the slightest problem
with the message board hosted by Yahoo, or either of its two
predecessors. The Yahoo hosting costs us nothing. I see no
justification for changing this system now, but if Yahoo ever drops us
we can certainly consider alternatives.

Best Regards, Don Yellman, Great Falls, VA

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/VAOolB/TM